PC's Vs. Apple

Closed
Frest1 Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 7, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2017 - Apr 12, 2017 at 12:46 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 12, 2017 at 03:37 PM
Hello,

I currently have a Laptop PC. It is 7 years old and runs on Window 7 Professional. I have been thinking of getting either a new PC or a new Apple. My understanding is that all new PC's operate on the Windows 10 platform. I am not impressed with it. I do suppose I could buy a newer PC and uninstall Windows 10 and put Windows 7 of which I have the software for. My question is should I stop worrying about PC's and their operating systems and just go to Apple because their operating system is much more reliable. Need some serious answers. I will keep my old PC and use it as my platform for music. I will have all my files put on a hard drive and put on the Apple. I will also have the Laptop throughly cleaned. I think it can handle the music issues because I have a very large library of MP3 files. I want to attach the PC to a Tuner and Good Speakers. Any suggestions on a good program to use for music files?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 12, 2017 at 03:37 PM
A seven year old laptop is near death. They just are not made to last that long. I suggest you back-up the hard drive since you can expect it to fail shortly.

As to Windows 10 I do not agree that Windows 7 is better. Expect to pay thousands more for that Mac laptop and be frustrated for months as you try to learn how to do simple things on the small size screen that Apple sticks you with.

Good Luck