Trying to populate columns F, G, H, I and J

Closed
longsa23 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2017 - Updated on May 9, 2017 at 05:24 PM
 Blocked Profile - May 10, 2017 at 03:49 PM
I've attached a photo for some clarity.

I am trying to populate columns F, G, H, I and J based on the info from columns L, M and D. I've tried Pivot Tables and some formulas, just nothing yielding the results I need. Any help is great. Thank you!

2 responses

Blocked Profile
May 9, 2017 at 04:50 PM
Are you trying to parse the values in the other columns?

What info are you wanting in those?

does this help:
=if(logic_test,true, false)

So, you could:
=if(L1<>"","some stuff here")

I hope this helps, if not then give us more details about what you are trying to do, besides place some data because of some other data!

Have FUN!
longsa23 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 9, 2017
May 9, 2017 at 05:11 PM
First off - Thank you for your quick response. I am really green at this and just trying to figure it out with the help of Youtube and this forum. So what I am a trying to accomplish is having columns F, G, H, I , J and K populate with a total number. This number is aggregated from columns L, M and D. L tells me the email, M, the email Domain and D the User Type. Column F would give me the total times this email address has shown as an Admin/Manager. G would tell me the total numbers of time as a USER. H tells the total of F&G (I can do that one, ;) ). I, J and K tell me similar info for the domain. Here is a screen shot of what it would look like if complete.

Thank you again for any help!
Blocked Profile
May 10, 2017 at 03:49 PM
So you want to count how many times a certain email is also labeled as manager?

Can you use countif()? Take a look at this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/countif-function-e0de10c6-f885-4e71-abb4-1f464816df34?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us

You may have to combine functions.