Automatically copying columns from one work book to another.

Closed
Eqgoddess Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 28, 2017 - Jun 28, 2017 at 04:25 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Jun 28, 2017 at 08:59 PM
Please I need assistance with a problem I've struggled with for quite awhile. If I could write code I'm sure it would be quiete easy.
My issue is:
I receive csv files from my vendors with product data (Sku, price, quantity, description, etc) in each column. ( lets say workbook 1) I have several websites that this product data needs to be listed on, each with their own csv template. (Lets say workbook 2)
I please need how to automatically transfer each column from workbook 1 to its matching column in workbook 2).
If someone could please give me the generic formula where I can input the various cells/columns this would be so helpful.
The automation would happen when ever workbook 1 is received. The .csv files are manipulated in an excel format.
Thank you all so much I appreciate this very very much.
Bonnie
Related:

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Jun 28, 2017 at 08:59 PM
Hello Bonnie,

Could you supply us with a sample of your work book please. This will give us a chance to experiment and to see exactly what needs to be done.

You say work book1 and work book 2 but I assume that you mean the data is imported into work sheet 1 of a work book and then you need it transferred/summarised into work sheet 2. Is this correct?

Upload a sample to a free file sharing site such as Drop Box, ge.tt or Sendspace and then post the link to your file back here. Please use dummy data in your sample.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.