Conditional Row Copy/Consolidate

Closed
iowen Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2017 - Updated on Jul 14, 2017 at 01:02 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 18, 2017 at 04:55 PM
Hello,

I am working with a database that deals with student scheduling in schools. I am getting repeated lines for each class a student is enrolled in and need to consolidate them into 1 line per student. I prefer to do this by copying to a second sheet in the workbook so I have the master to go back to if needed.

The way the spreadsheet is set up, if the values in columns A & B (last name & first name) are the same from row to row, then I need the information in columns H-R to be repeated starting in column S for as many courses as the student is enrolled in. This number will vary for every student.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jul 14, 2017 at 02:01 PM
Are you stuck on something, or just sharing with us? If you are stuck, then post some code, and we can help.

Take a look at this and see if any of it will assist you with what you are trying to achieve:
https://ccm.net/faq/53497-how-to-manipulate-data-in-excel-using-vba
iowen Posts 3 Registration date Friday July 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2017
Jul 15, 2017 at 07:36 PM
I am not a coder so have nothing to share for that. I saw other posts on this forum where people were supporting one another with Excel. I am wondering whether something like the Consolidate or a Macro would do what I need it to. I am happy to teach myself what I need to know but I don't even know which functions of Excel will do the above task.
Blocked Profile
Jul 18, 2017 at 04:55 PM
Start with this idea: Record a MACRO doing what you want. Then edit the Macro, and see how you can change hard coded stuff into variables!