Registration date
Friday July 14, 2017
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2017
-
 Blocked Profile -
Hello,

I am working with a database that deals with student scheduling in schools. I am getting repeated lines for each class a student is enrolled in and need to consolidate them into 1 line per student. I prefer to do this by copying to a second sheet in the workbook so I have the master to go back to if needed.

The way the spreadsheet is set up, if the values in columns A & B (last name & first name) are the same from row to row, then I need the information in columns H-R to be repeated starting in column S for as many courses as the student is enrolled in. This number will vary for every student.

1 reply

Are you stuck on something, or just sharing with us? If you are stuck, then post some code, and we can help.

Take a look at this and see if any of it will assist you with what you are trying to achieve:
https://ccm.net/faq/53497-how-to-manipulate-data-in-excel-using-vba
Registration date
Friday July 14, 2017
Status
Last seen
July 16, 2017

I am not a coder so have nothing to share for that. I saw other posts on this forum where people were supporting one another with Excel. I am wondering whether something like the Consolidate or a Macro would do what I need it to. I am happy to teach myself what I need to know but I don't even know which functions of Excel will do the above task.
Blocked Profile
Start with this idea: Record a MACRO doing what you want. Then edit the Macro, and see how you can change hard coded stuff into variables!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!