Hard drive has stopped booting

Closed
nice64 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017 - Updated on Jul 20, 2017 at 04:42 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 28, 2017 at 04:26 PM
My hard drive failed after i installed a software and has stopped booting instead it shows me
PXE.ediaa test failure,please check cable
PXE.Exiting broadcom PXE ROM
and my cables are well connected and as i said it failed after i installed a new windows and ranused that same windows for some time,please help out
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 20, 2017 at 04:39 PM
PXE ROM is typically a network function. It looks as though your BIOS got corrupted. Boot into BIOS, and load defaults!
Look in BIOS and verify that the HDD is the in the correct boot order.
ive loaded bios and everything is okay just that it doesn't recognize any disk like it writes HARD DISK,,NONE.what can i do
Blocked Profile
Jul 24, 2017 at 04:47 PM
Check the physical connections. Make certain all cables are correct. If you have another older drive, replace it just to see if bios sees that one. If it does, then the other one is probably (99%) bad. If it does not see it, then the Mother board may be bad! In that case: while using a static strap, remove ALL RAM and boot. Does the PC beep (if not, is there a piazza speaker hooked up?)? IF it does beep, the MB is bad, and you happen to have 2 bad dries!
nice64 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017
Jul 28, 2017 at 02:48 PM
well ive loaded a different hard disk and its perfectly ok,does that mean i cant be able to use the later.
Blocked Profile
Jul 28, 2017 at 04:26 PM
If that drive boots, the other is no good!