-
Registration date
Monday July 17, 2017
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2017
-
Hello,

I have a 3 TB Seagate External Hard Drive filled with extremely important and Valuable
material. Normally when I connect it to my laptop via USB, open windows explorer, click My Computer, it shows up as a drive named "Seagate 3TB.....". When I click on that I have access to all my files I have saved on this drive for the last couple years. Now the issue.

Starting yesterday, when I open Windows Explorer and click my computer the drive does not come up as "seagate 3 TB....". The only things that appear are the C: drive and now a D: ddrive in place of where the seagate normally is. I tried uninstalling the drivers and re-installing, and that did nothing.

I am hoping..........praying.......someone can help me out in recovering the information I have on this drive. Is it possible the external hard drive got a virus on it?

ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. i AM LITERALLY PHYSICALLY ILL OVER THIS. Either way I have learned my lesson and will never ever not have all my files backed up.

Thank You so much!

Joseph

2 replies

Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
December 29, 2021
Hi,

Just extract that drive from the existing system and connect it to another system to see if the drive starts getting visible normally.

Registration date
Monday July 17, 2017
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2017

The USB cable might be bad - Try a different cable.
The USB port you are using may be bad - Try a different port on the system.
The Drive needs more power than your port is able to offer - Try using an external powered USB hub or power supply for the drive.
Your external hard drive may be dead or not be compatible with macOS – Try connecting it to PC computer.