WD My Passport Ultra shows as optical drive, unallocated

Closed
vidalr Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017 - Jul 28, 2017 at 01:50 PM
vidalr Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017 - Jul 28, 2017 at 02:09 PM
Hi!
Never before seen this; external WD My Passport drive shows as optical CD drive and is unaccessible. In Device Manager it shows normal. Went into Disk Management and there I can see it as Unallocated and not Initialized. OS Win10, the drive shows as CD Drive on several computers (all Win10). Happened suddenly, worked normally before.
The drive has a password on and upon entering wrong password three times would wipe it clean. Obviously it is the content that I want to save here.
Any advice what I could do???
Related:

1 response

vidalr Posts 2 Registration date Friday July 28, 2017 Status Member Last seen July 28, 2017
Jul 28, 2017 at 02:09 PM
Update: A little later it appeared in Device Manager with the yellow triangle so I tried to right click it and Uninstall and afterwards right clicked another devices in the list, and selected scan for hardware changes that could solve the problem. It didnt thou. The hard drive also causes the system to become unstable and lag.