Macro which will determine a new scanned file

Closed
paulamerica Posts 4 Registration date Monday December 18, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2017 - Updated on Dec 18, 2017 at 05:37 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 19, 2017 at 04:46 PM
Hello,

I am trying to organize my records and here is what it comes down to, I have 4 separate folders, in which I am planning to copy scanned files which will have 6 character identifying names. I am trying to create a macro which will determine a new scanned file and will insert a link at it in the column A, B, C or D in accordance with the location of the Scanned document. I want each row to contain the links to the files with the same identifying 6 characters, other words once I have files with the same names in each of the folders, links to them will appear in the same row.
Can anyone help with this.

Please
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2017 at 04:47 PM
So, is the developer menu opened on your EXCEL?
paulamerica Posts 4 Registration date Monday December 18, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2017
Dec 18, 2017 at 04:55 PM
Hello, I sure can open the developer menu,
but that is pretty much as far as I got :)
Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2017 at 04:57 PM
OK, so are familiar with library references, because we need to have a reference to the FSO! Can you do that?
paulamerica Posts 4 Registration date Monday December 18, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2017
Dec 18, 2017 at 04:59 PM
no I cannot, I have a very basic and very outdated memories of programming, so please treat like a "new born"
Blocked Profile
Dec 18, 2017 at 05:07 PM
That is the thing. We will spend time custom writing your solution, and it still won't do what you want it to, because you will be able to "port" our solution to your Environment.

Example, Lets say this:

You tell us that the progeram needs to scan the E drive. E drive turns out to be a network drive, but do not have access to the drive. You tell us the program fails, and what really fails is the environment, because your admin hasn't given you rights to the folder. This is only one example why we help with code, but do not design it. We cannot possible write in all of the TRAPS to troubleshoot.

If this is a work thing, you may need to consult the pros, not volunteers for this. We use this at my workplace :https://uplandsoftware.com/filebound/
Dec 18, 2017 at 05:26 PM
Thank you so much with such detailed response. However ij alex seeking got a solution exactly for a problem as stated: I will manually scan the file manually place it into corresponding folder, and manually rename it with 6 character name. Need a macro which would create a link in my excel file to every such scanned file and orgonizer them in the rows where 1 row will have files with same names from different folders/directories, and each column will correspond to the foder/directory. Sounds like a very straight forward task.