Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed

Closed
iAlexX Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday November 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2018 - Updated on Feb 2, 2018 at 04:14 PM
BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 - Feb 2, 2018 at 03:20 PM
Hello gentlemen, i have a problem with my laptop Lenovo Yoga 710-14IBK.
I’ve reset my laptop to factory and at the end of the reset, it appears a message of error like this:
<<Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed.
Insert Any Recovery Media and Hit any key.
Then Select “Boot Manager” to choose a new Boot Device or to new Boot Recovery Media>>
So, i search on Internet and I try to fix the problem, but any method work. I have gone to the BIOS and I have changed UEFI by Legacy Support/Legacy First but it does not work. I have load default settings of the BIOS and restart, but it does not work either.
Then, I saw that the PC can’t detect the hard disk in the BIOS information.
Please help me, I don’t know what else I can do.
Thanks

1 response

BrianGreen Posts 1005 Registration date Saturday January 17, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen September 30, 2021 150
Feb 2, 2018 at 03:20 PM
Hi iAlexX,

It could be that the hard drive has failed (or even that there is no hard drive installed). Other causes include a defective connection/wire for the power or data. Try installing another hard drive to see if that one is detected.