My computer is unable to identify all other d

Closed
SWANZY - Jun 11, 2009 at 03:23 PM
dre_a Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2009 - Jun 12, 2009 at 04:47 AM
Hello,
My first problem is that whenever I turn on my computer on,it only detects the master
hard drive ignoring the enslaved hard drives together with the other two CD-drives.Certain times
it will identify non of them and sometimes wil identify Master Hard drive and enslaved Hard drive
leaving other CD-drives and in the cause of using only the Master hard drive it will hault in the
middle of operation with a blue screen display that windows has to end to prevent damage to
hard disk.
This really disturbs me because this problem normally happens when I need the computer the most.
Again when an external hard disk is inserted into the USB slot,my computer will give a sound but will not be I
identified at my computer.
Please help me resolve this plobem

1 response

dre_a Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2009
Jun 12, 2009 at 04:47 AM
hi,

this may be a problem with the IDE cables or the power cables, check if they are properly connected both to the drives and motherboard.

replace the cables.

make sure that the motherboard is fixed on the chasis of the casing and not loose.