Ask a question Report

Internet explorer blocked by firewall! [Solved/Closed]

meadie - Latest answer on Jul 3, 2010 03:15PM
Hi,
I am currently at breaking point after spending 4 hours today trying to sort out my computer. My problem is that I cannot use internet explorer 7, yet I have connection to the internet as I can use my outlook mail. The error message just says windows cannot access the internet as there is a problem with the connection. When running the diagnostics on this message it says there is a problem with my firewall. I am currently on a wireless network and have a bt home hub, I called them today and they have done lots of checks and said the connectivity is fine, it is a problem my with my computers firewall. I have done everything suggested by other people on this forum who have experienced this problem and nothing has worked. I have turned off windows firewall, done a system restore, cleared all my cookies and history etc, no success. I am sooo irritated as this problem only happened today, my computer was working fine just last night, and then when I turmed it off it said 'installing updates', i think this has something to do with the problem, but my system restore didn't fix it as the only restore point I had was from today at 4.30pm! My operating system is windows xp.
Please please help me someone as my business runs from my laptop and it is a total nightmare for me!
Read more 
Answer
+46
moins plus
Go to IE tools>internet Options

on the last tab titled "Advanced"

Look to the bottom and perform a reset on the settings. This solved my problems today

bmanisawsome- May 22, 2010 06:05PM
THis worked GREAT!!
RiotRob- Jun 9, 2010 05:39AM
OMG you're a legend! I have tried so many different things and this worked! Thank you so much!
Deanna- Jun 27, 2010 02:35PM
This worked for me! Took about 1 minute to do!!! I'm SOOOO happy!!! :)
peacemomma- Jul 3, 2010 03:15PM
This worked great! Thanks.
Answer
+18
moins plus
please help me. i have window xp. two day back my internet explorer stop working due to firewall [ XP smart security - un registred version] dectects 25
critical system object.
please help, how can i use my internet explorer 7.

Answer
+12
moins plus
Hye,

Please check your connection settings on IE!
Click on Tools, Internet Options, On Connection tabs
Click on Lan settings and then tick automatically detect proxy settings!
Click OK and restart IE

Grateful- Apr 27, 2010 01:09PM
Merrypc, I struggled for hours with this, and your advice saved the day. Thanks so much!!
Laura- May 3, 2010 01:08AM
This helped me so much!!!!!
Lwho- Jun 6, 2010 01:21PM
Fixed it for me -- thanks!
This document entitled « Internet explorer blocked by firewall! » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.