Wifi disactivated

Closed
nanette - Jun 27, 2009 at 03:47 PM
dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 - Jun 28, 2009 at 09:51 AM
Hello,
i have searched everywhere in the internet and i find this site very helpful. you see i bought my laptop asus last month. so far i am happy with my computer. yesterday i went out of town and connected my computer at other wifi networks. last night my wifi was still working. but when i woke up this morning my wifi is no longer activated. presently i am conneted through cable. i wanted my computer to be connected through wifi because it is easier for me when im moving around. i have tried pressing F2 and Fn at the same time in order to activate the wifi but to no avail. i am getting frustrated already. am i doing it right? is there something i should do first before i start pressing those keys? please, please help me!!! your help will be greatly appreciated! thank you so much ! hoping to get some solutions soon...

1 response

dancedhall Posts 3056 Registration date Wednesday May 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2010 655
Jun 28, 2009 at 09:51 AM
Hello,

This is a very common problem, all you have to do is to use your driver CD to re-install your WIFI device driver again!

Please note that it's not recommended to use the cable and wifi at the time, this will cause IP conflict and you won't be able to connect!

And if you are trying to access a secured wifi network you won't be able to connect to it until you have the wep security key!

Thanks