False Advertized Keyboard from Amazon

Solved
ClaraMGraham Posts 1 Registration date Monday May 8, 2023 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2023 - Updated on May 8, 2023 at 08:35 AM
HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 - May 8, 2023 at 08:35 AM

I ordered a keyboard from amazon that was advertised as having n-key rollover, which means it can detect any number of keys pressed at the same time. However, when I tried it on a website that tests n-key rollover, I discovered that it only supports up to 6 keys at once.

This is a problem for me because I need a keyboard that can register more complex key combinations for gaming and typing purposes. How can I resolve this issue? Is it possible to get a replacement or a refund from amazon? Does anyone else have the same problem with amazon recently?

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14304 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 17, 2024 1,891
May 8, 2023 at 08:35 AM

Hi,

Refer to the user manual of your keyboard to find out if there's an option that you need to enable so that the key rollover will work. Make sure also to install all drivers and software required for your keyboard and that it is compatible with your operating system.

In case the key rollover still won't work, ask Amazon for a replacement or a refund - it may be possible that you got a defective keyboard. Read users reviews to see if this is a common problem with that keyboard, or not, to make your decision.