Yahoo! Email Page Locked Up

Solved
controltestguy - Updated on Jul 19, 2023 at 04:22 AM
 Warren - Jul 18, 2023 at 12:41 PM

Hello,

Why am I seeing 'Your Inbox Highlights' This is a delivery truck-like banner across the top of the email. It's locking up the page.

Thank you

ctg

Related:

5 responses

controltestguy Posts 3 Registration date Monday June 12, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2023 1
Updated on Jun 15, 2023 at 09:38 PM

I don't know if this is a fix but: Go into Yahoo! email. Go to 'settings'. Scroll down, go to 'more settings'. It brings up 'Personalize Inbox'. Scroll down to the bottom and turn off 'Packages'. See if that helps. Right now, I don't have a delivery email. We'll see what happens. I don't know how mine got enabled.

Regards

ctg

I get that message too, although my browser doesn't lock up.  But it is annoying to get these messages that I never asked for.  Anyway, toggling off "Packages" under Settings -> More Settings removed it.  Thanks.

HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Jun 13, 2023 at 01:53 PM

Hi,

Can you share a screenshot of that banner?

controltestguy Posts 3 Registration date Monday June 12, 2023 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2023 1
Jun 13, 2023 at 10:17 PM

Sorry, no. Once the page loads, the banner appears within milliseconds. The page locks up. Nothing works, Mouse, keyboard, etc. This just started about a week ago. Something new was added to Yahoo mail. It looks like a Java Script is running. It only happens when I order something online. The banner will show delivery trucks with current message regarding the status of the order. All other mail is okay as long as the banner is not there. 

To get my email I have to disable JavaScript and go back to basic email. I can do this as long as the banner is not present. Now, I know you're going to laugh, but I'm running Windows 7 on this machine. I only use it to pay bills and get email. Everything else on the machine works perfect. I put this desktop together in 2012 and never had an issue. I also have Thunderbird as a backup for email. It's just annoying that I can't disable the banner when I want. If I can get a screenshot, I'll let you know.

Regards,

ctg

I have the same issue. . .did you get help with this problem??

I have the same issue. Very frustrating. The entire page locks up.

Using Win 11, Chrome. The same thing happens in Edge.

Jun 14, 2023 at 03:31 PM

Not yet. No answer from Yahoo! or Chrome. I tried disabling JavaScript on the Yahoo inbox page like this: https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1. I went to Chrome...Settings...Privacy and Security. However, when you type in the full address, it comes back as: https://mail.yahoo.com which locks up the whole page tight. Sooner or later I'll figure it out. I'm not a programmer but if I can see the raw JavaScript, I'll be able to recognize it.

Regards,

ctg

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
HelpiOS Posts 14310 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 23, 2024 1,891
Jun 14, 2023 at 04:51 PM

As you're using Windows 7 and Chrome, that's may be why your page gets stuck. I guess you already know it, but Chrome is no longer supported on this OS.

Therefore, I suggest you try Firefox as it's still updated on Windows 7.

Let us know if that helps.