Has my message been read?

Solved
PrinceEugene - Nov 12, 2023 at 07:12 PM
Jeonbaptist Posts 10 Registration date Monday November 13, 2023 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2023 - Nov 14, 2023 at 07:17 AM

I have sent an Instagram message to someone I do not follow. The message is showing as sent, but not read. I understand it is possible for people to read messages without showing that they have read them e.g. by using Airplane Mode. This person has made several posts since I sent the message. Is it possible they have not seen my message?
iPhone / Safari 14.4

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14318 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Updated on Nov 13, 2023 at 08:36 AM

Hi,

It is impossible to confirm whether the message has been seen (using workarounds) or not. However, it is likely possible that your message hasn't been seen yet, even if the account continues to be active.

The main reason is that some people may not check their inbox regularly. Also, if they've a lot of followers, your message might not be immediately noticed (or missed) due to newer messages.

Jeonbaptist Posts 10 Registration date Monday November 13, 2023 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2023
Nov 14, 2023 at 07:17 AM

Hi!

Yes, it's possible that the person you messaged on Instagram hasn't seen your message yet, despite making several posts. There could be various reasons why they haven't read your message: Message Requests, Activity Status Settings, Message Read Without Opening. Considering the various possibilities, it's essential to remember that everyone manages their messages differently, and not receiving a response immediately doesn't necessarily mean they've intentionally ignored you.