Recovery phone number

Yfrank14 - Nov 14, 2023 at 12:57 AM
Jeonbaptist Posts 10 Registration date Monday November 13, 2023 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2023 - Nov 14, 2023 at 07:30 AM

I have a yahoo mail account.

I would like another one.

Yahoo demands a phone number for recovery. Yahoo refuses to use my exsisting phone number, it must be a new phone number. Yahoo does not have an email recovery  option.

Is there anything I can do or do I have to go buy a new phone line just to make yahoo happy?

Android / Chrome 118.0.0.0

2 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14311 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 24, 2024 1,891
Nov 14, 2023 at 07:23 AM

Hi,

Do you already have several Yahoo accounts registered with the same phone number? If so, you can't use the same phone number anymore because you've reached the limit of accounts per number.

What you can try is to remove your phone number from one of your Yahoo account and add a recovery email instead. Make sure that Yahoo account has at least a working recovery method. Then, try providing again your phone number when creating the new Yahoo account.

Another solution would be to create your Yahoo account using a Google account or another email address (other than Yahoo). This way, only your email will be needed to confirm your account. Simply click Create an account on the log in page, then choose Google or My Email.

The last solution would be to create an alias with your current Yahoo account instead of creating a complete new one. In your inbox, click the Settings icon and choose More Settings. Select Mailboxes and under Email alias, click Add to create an alias.

Jeonbaptist Posts 10 Registration date Monday November 13, 2023 Status Member Last seen November 23, 2023
Nov 14, 2023 at 07:30 AM

Hi!

Yes, Creating a new Yahoo account can indeed sometimes require a new phone number for account recovery purposes. Yahoo, like many other email services, often uses phone numbers as a means of verifying and securing accounts. If you're unable to use your existing phone number for the new Yahoo account and Yahoo doesn't offer an email recovery option, you might have a few options:

Check for Alternatives, Temporary Phone Number Services, Contact Yahoo Support, Consider Other Email Providers. Therefore, It's important to contacting Yahoo's support might be the most reliable way to get specific guidance on account creation or recovery given your situation.