Ask a question Report

Number keys on right side not working [Solved/Closed]

babblingtb - Latest answer on Nov 7, 2012 09:53PM
Hello, I recieved my Dell Studio Laptop about 2 months ago, everything worked fine at the time. I was wiping off my keyboard one day and all of the sudden the number keys on the right hand side of the keyboard stopped working. I have tried the NumLock key and that did nothing. Most of the time it does nothing, but sometime is will make the page on the screen jump around, like if it were the arrow keys. I chatted with the dell people on line and they told me that it was a faulty keyboard, to send it into them and they will replace it. I just got it back the other day, and nothing is different!! They either did not replace it or that was not the case at all. They didn't even try it out. I am very discouraged, please help me!!! Thanks a bunch!
Read more 
Answer
+304
moins plus
Just make sure that your mouse keys are NOT turned on. I had the same problem and changed the keyboard for 3 times. if you have Windows 7, just go to Ease of Access Center >>>>>> Turn on Mouse Keys and make sure it's unchecked. Good luck!

K.J- Oct 19, 2012 09:20PM
Thank you! It worked
preeti- Oct 22, 2012 12:20AM
thanks..it helped me...:)
DMF- Oct 29, 2012 11:47AM
thanks that worked
mhel- Nov 1, 2012 10:08PM
got the same problem...
after 5 months of trying to solve the problem and reading other suggestion...
your answers really works...
Thank you so much.......
Obama fo yo momma- Nov 7, 2012 09:53PM
Thank you sir!!!
Answer
+13
moins plus
Hey a friend in tech helped me out. Thanks

Answer
+4
moins plus
Hi,

My girlfried got the same problem with her Dell , best is to contact your vendor and get all the keyboard keys changed.

It is a hardware problem.

This document entitled « Number keys on right side not working » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.