You need the official WhatsApp

Sajin - Updated on Apr 6, 2024 at 08:25 AM
thealinemati Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 25, 2024 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2024 - May 1, 2024 at 05:25 PM

Hello,

I am getting 

"you need the official whatsapp to use this account android"

when i try to login in WhatsApp using my number.

I downloaded WhatsApp from official Play Store. I even tried downloading apk from official website and installing. I even formatted the phone and tried again. Still i am getting same results.

I tried contacting WhatsApp support but they are saying to use official WhatsApp.

If someone know how to resolve please help me out. 

Android / Chrome 80.0.3987.99

Related:

3 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,888
Apr 6, 2024 at 08:27 AM

Hi,

You can try the solutions in this solved topic.

Good luck.

It sounds like you're having trouble with WhatsApp. Have you tried contacting their support team for assistance? They might be able to help troubleshoot the issue further.

thealinemati Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 25, 2024 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2024
May 1, 2024 at 05:25 PM

ensure you're using the legitimate app from the Google Play Store or WhatsApp's official website. Try clearing the cache and data for WhatsApp in your phone's settings to remove any residual files that might be causing the problem. Also, ensure your Android OS is up to date to avoid any compatibility issues.

If any of the steps above don't resolve your issue, support the WhatsApp team.