Chat syncing

mahathir - Apr 4, 2024 at 01:11 AM
 Ali - Apr 5, 2024 at 02:31 PM

Hello,

I recently broke my phone and because of it, I cannot backup my whatsapp for a few days. If I use whatsapp desktop before buying my phone, will the chats on the desktop sync to my new phone?
Windows / Edge 123.0.0.0

Related:

3 responses

Yes, chats on WhatsApp Desktop should sync to your new phone when you log in with the same account.

HelpiOS Posts 14319 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 29, 2024 1,889
Apr 5, 2024 at 10:07 AM

Hi,

Only your phone can be used as a primary device. If you change your phone, I think that WhatsApp on your desktop will be logged out (because your PC is linked to your phone). On your new phone, WhatsApp will ask you to restore it from a backup, it won't sync directly with your other devices.

If your phone can still connect to the internet although you can't use it, WhatsApp should continue to back up your chats on Google Drive or iCloud daily - if you enabled the option before.

Good luck

No, WhatsApp chats on the desktop won't sync to your new phone. They're separate from your phone's backup. You'll need to wait until you have your new phone to restore your WhatsApp backup.

When you're switching to a new phone, keep in mind that your WhatsApp chats on the desktop don't automatically transfer over. They're sort of on their own, not connected to your phone's backup. So, you'll have to wait until you get your new phone to bring those chats back. Just a heads up to avoid any surprises!