Ask a question Report

Blue screen while trying to install xp [Solved/Closed]

sarvan 2Posts Wednesday July 1, 2009Registration date July 4, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Nov 5, 2012 09:09PM
Hello,
I tried to install windows xp professional on my acer system. I made my first bootable device as cd rom and the second as HDD. The system boots from the cd and shows that setup is loading the files. And immediately after that a blue screen pops up and says a message. I'm not able to move further. the message states something like this setup could not continue if this is the first time...........chect for viruses on ur computer......run chkdsk-f....and so on....
So please somebody help me out in solving out this issue.How can I install windows.Is it possible. I am waiting for ur reply.....
Thanks a lot in advance.
Read more 
Answer
+1236
moins plus
If you are trying to install the Windows XP from scratch on the laptop, please BE SURE that you put the Hard Drive on "Compatibility" mode in BIOS, which was defaulted to "AHCI" (Compatibility is also known as IDE).

Otherwise, you will experience the "blue screen" issue. To change that setting, you need to do the following:
1. Press F2 when booting up the computer
2. Select 'Config', then 'Serial ATA (SATA)'
3. Change controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE'

Hari- Oct 9, 2012 01:54PM
thanks a trillion dude.. you are awesome :)
MainstreamIT- Oct 11, 2012 12:30PM
That was it! Thank you
diegof9261 1Posts Monday October 15, 2012Registration date October 15, 2012 Last seen - Oct 15, 2012 08:34PM
omg thank you so much! your a life saver man.. GOD BLESS.
thadru 1Posts Thursday November 1, 2012Registration date November 1, 2012 Last seen - Nov 1, 2012 03:48AM
You are officially my new hero!! Been banging my head against the wall with this for hours
Rho81 1Posts Monday November 5, 2012Registration date November 5, 2012 Last seen - Nov 5, 2012 09:09PM
OMG!!! I have been at this for 3 hours and it has ruined my nite. Your solution totally worked! FINALLY downloading. I created an account here just to say THAAAANNNKK YOU!!!!!!
Answer
+69
moins plus
1. Press F2 when booting up the computer
2. Select 'Config', then 'Serial ATA (SATA)'
3. Change controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE'

Answer
+61
moins plus
1) Make sure you instal XP with 2GB only. You can the full amount later.
2) Change in the BIOS your hard drive settings from SATA to IDE
3) Change your CD

Answer
+26
moins plus
Awesome...it really worked...thanks a lot for this excellent solution...!!!!

Answer
+22
moins plus
I had the same problem too. Changed the settings on the bios and then it started to load the OS. Thanks guys!

Answer
+19
moins plus
hi,

check for errors in the hard disk by running scanreg

if there is errors, the system will try to fix the errors.

make sure that the RAM is not faulty.

Answer
+19
moins plus
i have read and i have learnt. thanks guys for posting such valuable info. bless

Answer
+15
moins plus
I dn't know f it will work...but i have a sense it will be...i do have same problem with my toshiba satelite...well tnx in advance...

Answer
+14
moins plus
other thing is, try to check on the bios settings regarding the harddisk coz, i encounter lots of problem when installing windows on new laptops and its getting me the same error and what i did is to change the hard disk settings to ATA and install the OS again.

Answer
+14
moins plus
Hi Thank you for your comments. It works after change the SATA into compatibility mode.

Thanks again

Answer
+10
moins plus
Man I changed it to ata a was laa. Booting xp up and happy. It took 3 weeks
To find this page and try this simple method. But yes this I'd correct. You have to change the ahci to ata of else you gonna get that same stupid blue screen that drives all of us insane. I almost threw my computer away. Haha thanks guys

Sparky- Oct 12, 2012 10:52AM
This works perfect...change the ahci to ata and presto...it works fine!

Thanks,
Sparky
Md.Yaser- Oct 14, 2012 09:32AM
Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u Simply awesome.........................................
Md.Yaser- Oct 14, 2012 09:33AM
OCEAN MASTER......................Thank you buddy
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hello,
I have this case, too. I tried to use the windows xp from QuickPC v.107, it can fix this. But I'm not sure with your acer, because mine is Compaq CQ40. Maybe you can try. Or go to configue on the Bios sytem, some bios can change system to accept some OS.
You can try... thank you

This document entitled « blue screen while trying to install xp » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.