Blue screen while trying to install XP

Solved/Closed
sarvan Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 4, 2009 - Updated on Dec 26, 2018 at 07:23 AM
 IanLang - Jan 30, 2019 at 05:31 PM
Hello,
I tried to install windows xp professional on my acer system. I made my first bootable device as cd rom and the second as HDD. The system boots from the cd and shows that setup is loading the files. And immediately after that a blue screen pops up and says a message. I'm not able to move further. the message states something like this setup could not continue if this is the first time...........chect for viruses on ur computer......run chkdsk-f....and so on....
So please somebody help me out in solving out this issue.How can I install windows.Is it possible. I am waiting for ur reply.....
Thanks a lot in advance.
System Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
Related:

12 responses

oceanmaster Posts 2 Registration date Sunday December 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2009 35
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM
If you are trying to install the Windows XP from scratch on the laptop, please BE SURE that you put the Hard Drive on "Compatibility" mode in BIOS, which was defaulted to "AHCI" (Compatibility is also known as IDE).

Otherwise, you will experience the "blue screen" issue. To change that setting, you need to do the following:
1. Press F2 when booting up the computer
2. Select 'Config', then 'Serial ATA (SATA)'
3. Change controller option to 'Compatibility' / 'IDE'
superb....it really worked....intersting..
thnkz...a lott....
ummmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaa

with regards
krishna
diegof9261 Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2012 1
Oct 15, 2012 at 08:34 PM
omg thank you so much! your a life saver man.. GOD BLESS.