Error while installing windows XP

Solved/Closed
nani - Oct 3, 2008 at 07:43 AM
trivanks Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 22, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2019 - Feb 22, 2019 at 03:50 PM
Hello,I am nani. I have bought a laptop dell inspiron 1525 with windows vista home premium. It is not supporting c language. So I installed XP. While installing it showed that HDD is noy found. So my question is how to install XP along with Vista. HDDis 250GB & RAM is 3GB            

6 replies

To enter BIO mode, after you power up the PC/computer/laptop/Notebook, press "F2" repeatly

after you enter the BIO mode, use the arrow keys to choose the menu and find SATA / ATA
This worked!!! Thank you so much, you saved me hours of work. Add those SATA drivers to your XP installation CD.
Works amazing.. Thanks
I'ts working fine......... Thank you very much......
thank you thank you very very very muchhhhhhh
trivanks Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 22, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2019
Updated on Feb 22, 2019 at 04:02 PM
Thank you so much it's an old thread but your tips are working for me... in trouble for also found some useful website but like to read

Trivanks Vinks
enter the bios and change the sata mode to ATA from the default
UR THE MAN THANK U SO MUCH
THANK U SOOOO MUCH, i've been at my computer for hours trying to install xp now I can thanks to u... thanks u soooo much man.
Thank you, stokey1964! That was the trick :)
thanks broooo I was struggling with the same problem hdd not recognised, but when I disabled sata from bios it worked , thanku dude
Thanks a million. I just spent 4 days trying to reinstall windows because of the freakin blue screen and was just about to give up and take to technician. I changed the SATA mode and worked straight away. Computers...Who needs 'em!
caffeinedeath Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday October 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2009 9
Nov 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM
you have to include sata drivers to xp cd to recognise the hard disk.you can run turbo c in vista using dosbox.
"file\i386\ntkrn imp.exe" could not loaded the error code is 18 in intel motherboad. while installation of window xp

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Milos13 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday July 17, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 17, 2010
Jul 17, 2010 at 09:49 AM
hi guys,
I have HP Compaq 6710s and I want to remove Vista from it. Every time when I boot from CD and when XP instalation starts my computer shuts down.Anyone have solution for this
If your computer system unable to install windows xp then this problem isn't be solved manually and you have to fix this error by using registry repair tool. This tool fixed your error problem completely without typing any commands, easily download registry repair tool and install this toll, after installing run this tool and repair your registry files. you can download this tool free from https://www.pcerror-fix.com/