Windows xp on macbook

Closed
tareq - Jul 18, 2009 at 05:29 PM
 Toylander - Aug 2, 2009 at 05:09 AM
Hello,
hey guys i have installed windows xp pro on my macbook using bootcamp and it works fine except for the internet explorer keeps on shutting down so i used safari and it does the same thing and also firefox.....and the computer keeps showing that blue screen with the memory dumb crash!! any solutions? and can u have both xp and vista along with mac os?? if yes then how is it done? please help me guys
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 19, 2009 at 05:19 AM
hi,

you need to install the XP drivers.

this is the main problem here.

install the correct drivers and this will fix your problem.

but make sure that installing new drivers does not affect the Mac OS.
tareqyounis Posts 1 Registration date Friday July 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2009
Jul 19, 2009 at 10:40 PM
well i did install the right drivers...i actually got them from the mac os cd...they are found in the boot camp drivers file...so i think they are installed right.. i really dont know what is it with windows xp....i just downloaded windows 7 to my mac and it works perfect except it doesnt support all the programs i use..i use alot of flashing software for cellphones...any ideas on how else to fix xp to work good...would xp media center work better?
Why don´t you install a virtual machine with "Parallels" software for apple machines, instead of using "boot camp"?
I installed and everything is working fine!

Also have the previlege of using both windows and apple OS at the same time!!!