Windows/Safe mode isn't booting

Solved/Closed
Ziggy - Jul 22, 2009 at 09:53 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jul 23, 2009 at 09:56 AM
Hi

So today I tried to log onto my computer. It started up and Windows started to load. Before the wallpaper popped up, I got a blue screen. No biggie, I thought. So I restarted and it got to the wallpaper, but it isn't loading any further.

The mouse pops up, but I'm not able to do anything. The taskbar isn't there, I can't load task manager, explorer won't load. Then I thought I'd try safe mode, but that got to the same point and wouldn't go any further.

I think the problem is Avast. It's supposed to do a boot up scan, but I disabled it. So I'm thinking that my computer is trying to load Avast but isn't able to.

There shouldn't be a virus since I scanned my computer two- three days ago with multiple virus scanners. Is there a solution to this?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Jul 22, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Hye there,

Your pc is infected if you can't access the safe mode i will advise you to format your computer and install a fresh windows,

Thanks
I actually fixed it by pressing F8 and choosing the option that lets my computer start from the latest configuration that worked. Fortunately, I lost just about no work. So that's great.

Thanks!
Blocked Profile
Jul 23, 2009 at 09:56 AM
Dear sir,

Try to boot from last known good configuration
or boot from windows xp cd and do repair.

Thanks