Excel formule

Closed
GLG23 - Aug 2, 2009 at 07:36 PM
 glg23 - Aug 3, 2009 at 01:14 PM
Hello,
I'am trying to make a template schedule in excel that can show me at what time I have gaps in the schedule and at what times I have over 3 people covering the same shift (A1 7:30 am B1 12:30 pm) . So I need compare blocks of hours composed for these two columns (eg,start -A1=7:30 am, B1=12:30 pm if it is repeated in same day). next shift 12:30 pm 6:00 pm find out if nobody is covering this shift.
Related:

2 responses

Hello,
Column B= workers names, the rest of columns: weekly days, e.g Monday C= time in (7:30 AM) d= time out (12:30 PM); Tuesday E & F, Wednesday G & H, etc. The shifts go spread from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (0:00) in blocks of 4 or 5 hours. So I need find out when there are more than two people at the same shift and when I have a gap during the day. That means nobody working during same hours or less than two people.
If you can resolve this, you are a genius plus...!!!
Hi GLG23,

Can you give an example of how your worksheet(s) look like?

You want to find duplicate entries?

Best regards,
Trowa
Hi Trowa,

I don't know if my reply reached your email address. if you want i can send you a screen shot of the grille. But it is something like this:
Column B= workers names, the rest of columns: weekly days, e.g Monday C= time in (7:30 AM) d= time out (12:30 PM); Tuesday E & F, Wednesday G & H, etc. The shifts go spread from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (0:00) in blocks of 4 or 5 hours. So I need find out when there are more than two people at the same shift and when I have a gap during the day. That means nobody working during same hours or less than two people.
If you can resolve this, you are a genius plus...!!!

I hope you can resolve this, because I could't.

Best regards,

GLG23