IP as URL problem

Closed
magsipoc Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2009 - Aug 13, 2009 at 08:39 PM
 Matt1309 - Apr 25, 2012 at 04:13 PM
Hello,

i tried using the IP address of a certain website instead of its URL..the page actually opened but when i finally logged in, the page won't load..like this:

Address Not Found

Firefox can't find the server at login.63.176.140.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of "www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

can anyone help me?
Related:

3 responses

actually im using the IP add because the website is blocked..i was trying if i can go through the website by using its IP ad. i read from google that i might access a website even if it's blocked if use IP ad instead of URL, that is if the blocking system doesn't recognize the IP ad..when i tried it, i actually opened the welcome part of the website, but when i was already logging in, my browser doesn't recognize it..it did not say anything like it is still blocked by our system..is it a browser problem or our system blocking the site just appearing like it's from the browser?

and by the way, the site i wanted to access is facebook..i got the IP ad on another website that generates IP ads of websites.. if the generated IP ad is incorrect, how come it directs me to the site i wanted? i just cannot log in.
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Aug 14, 2009 at 09:33 AM
Hye Sir,

The IP address you entered is incorrect, or may you don't have access right to this website

You just have to enter the whole address of the website

Thanks
Hello I'm having the same issue, I have the correct ip ad and when I try to login it redirects me to be website login using its URL not ip! I was wondering if there's a way to set the browser to only use ip ad instead of URL??