Problem of graphics.h in windows

Closed
surendra - Sep 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM
 bittubitun89 - Sep 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Hello,
can anyone tell me how to use graphics program in c language under windows.The use of header file graphics.h
pops the message of error that "bgi graphics is not supported under windows".pllllzzzz solve my problem .
Related:

4 responses

i am using Turbo C++ for Windows 4.5 . Sir, how can I set compiler to build MS-DOS app?
i have seen my friend to do graphics program in vista NOT DIRECTLY FROM VISTA BUT FROM SAFE MODE USING COMMAND PROMPT.....ENTER THERE WAIT FOR 45-50 SECS BLACK SCREEN WOULD COME SHOWING-------

C:\>

TYPE------

cd..
C:\>cd tc [C:\>would be showing]
C:\TC\>cd bin [C:\TC\>would be showing]
C:\TC\BIN\>tc.exe [C:\TC\BIN\>would be showing]

tc would run without mouse support and then try it
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 18, 2009 at 01:18 PM
You haven't said what version of C you're using. I know they made some Windows versions... and since the BGI graphics libraries pretty much call directly into the VGA BIOS registers, I'm guessing you cannot use them under Windows. So your two choices are to either set the compiler to build an MS-DOS app and work like that, or use GDI32 API calls instead, or some newer API like that.. whatever C provides.
Turbo C++ is completely outdated.
Use Visual Studio