Black screen after loading bar

Closed
Chamilionaire Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 22, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 30, 2008 - Aug 23, 2008 at 12:15 PM
 Same - Mar 5, 2009 at 06:34 AM
Hey Hey.

OK Basically one day after fixing my hald.ll error i were then faced by a big black screen problem. When i boot up it shows the windows lgo and the loading bar, Also after about 7 secs of ladoing the pc freezes for about 1 2/4 secs and then everything disapears. Nothing happens aftewr that no sound,video, picture not even the function keys work.

The only thing i can issue is a hard reboot. I tryed booting into safe mode but with that comes this.

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)Windows\system3 2\DRIVERS\atapi.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)Windows\system3 2\DRIVERS\sr.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)Windows\system3 2\DRIVERS\CLASSPMP.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)Windows\system3 2\DRIVERS\KSECDD.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)Windows\system3 2\DRIVERS\disk.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)Windows\system3 2\DRIVERS\Volsnap.sys

Press esc to cancel of ?forgot the files name?''
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So neither safe or normal boot do anything.

ive tryed fixboot and chkdsk /p, chkdsc /f, fixmbr but nothing works.

heres my boot.ini file you theres an error in it.

*Boot.ini contents*

[code][boot loader]
timeout=1
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS2
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS2="Microsft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect
/code

Please Help this is driving me NUTS!
Related:

4 responses

i have the same problem and its pissing me off.
the one difference with my case is that my computer got infected with a trojan about a week ago and i think the events might be directly connected.
Hey..
i have the same problem. and i have locatet it to the S-ATA controler. if i disable the S-ATA controller, it will boot the install, but there er no drive to install i on.
Your hard drive is possibly going
SilentFire619
Dec 18, 2008 at 09:43 AM
I know this is probably way to late but is there a reason your booting to WINDOWS2 instead of WINDOWS?