Help! Toshiba monitor & motherboard problems?

Closed
Amuto8 Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 23, 2010 - Jan 23, 2010 at 10:31 AM
 nd456 - May 22, 2010 at 07:16 AM
Hello,
My laptop is a toshiba satellite L305 and a few days ago, the screen just blacked out and won't show. I tried hooking it up to an external monitor but then it won't load past the toshiba welcome screen. For instance, it'll load like normally until it gets to the welcome screen. After that, the mouse will be on the screen but everything else is black. For the monitor, you can only faintly see the screen. Can anyone help me with these problems? Any advice would be great too! Thanks!
P.S. How much does an average laptop monitor cost? Is the problem with the screen or with the motherboard?
Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 23, 2010 at 06:35 PM
You may only need a new "backlight" or "inverter" and not a complete screen. You will need to take the laptop to a repair shop for service.

Good Luck
Hi. Unfortunately these X200's are rubbish. I also have one and all of the major hardware components are failing one after the other. It seems to be a common problem, judging by the comments. Best thing to do would be to cut your losses and buy a new laptop. In this instance it sounds like the computer has burned your graphics card. Throw the whole unit in the bin now because it's just the beginning of your problems.
sounds like a bad inverter to me