My computer suddenly cannot detect any CD

Closed
P - Jan 27, 2010 at 01:20 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 27, 2010 at 08:22 AM
Hello,
i am using laptop compaq presario + window XP... just now, i just watched a movie from a cd. n when i wanna change the cd, suddenly my laptop cannot detect the cd. this occured for the first time. i tried with other cd, but still not working. what should i do?

3 responses

mukijose Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 27, 2010
Jan 27, 2010 at 01:50 AM
Have you tried playing that movie you just finished watching. If it shows, then the drive is ok, but it fails, Think about changing the cd drive.
i have tried that... with other CDs too. but still failed... :( how to change the CD drive? do i have to change the writer or just install the new driver for CD reader? :(
optimystix Posts 15 Registration date Tuesday January 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 29, 2010 6
Jan 27, 2010 at 08:22 AM
u dont need to change the cd drive for ur lappy. such probs are very common with laptops.
all u need is to clean ur cd drive lens with a cleaner. buy one from any computer shop. ask them for cd lens cleaner. use it and it will work again.

this will solve ur problem. incase it doesnt visit my blog http://babbleona.blogspot.com and leave a msg in any comment section. ill be pleased to help u
Blocked Profile
Jan 27, 2010 at 08:22 AM
Hi there,

First switch off the laptop,remove the battery and under the cd drive you will find 1 or 2 screw depending on model,remove them and pull the cd drive.Before changing the cd drive when already removed restart laptop without it and turn off again and reseat cd drive and start and check with cd and use a lens cleaner,if still same problem then definitely you need to change it.

Thanks