IE won't connect to wireless network.

Closed
georgiapeach - Feb 8, 2010 at 09:07 PM
OliverKI2 Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2010 - Feb 9, 2010 at 03:40 PM
Hello,

I have a Acer aspire laptop that has windows vista. I recently got wireless internet installed in my house with wifi. I had AOL already on my laptop and used that through dial up, and when I got the wifi, it worked off of that wireless connection as well. However, internet explorer didnt work. I tried deleting AOL from the connections options, and uninstalled it altogether and IE still wont work. I downloaded firefox and that won't work as well. All that comes up on IE is IE cannot display the webpage. I know that my laptop is linked to the internet connection because when I go to start menu, connections, then set up a wireless connection, it says I am already connected to the internet, even though IE won't work. I dont know what else to do to solve this problem. Please help!
Related:

1 response

OliverKI2 Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 8, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2010
Feb 9, 2010 at 03:40 PM
Try checking that your DNS is working by opening a Command Prompt and typing "nslookup example.com" (should return Address: 192.0.32.10). If that doesn't work, use "ipconfig /all" from a Command Prompt to check whether you have access to a DNS server and IP address. If nslookup does work, then try "ping example.com" which should show replies (if connectivity exists), but if it doesn't may suggest that a firewall is blocking your access.