Outlook Reminder from Excel

Closed
Kums - Feb 10, 2010 at 06:45 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Feb 12, 2010 at 09:09 AM
Hello,
I am trying to create an excel sheet which has some data like meet HR on the 29th sept and so I need to recieve a mail reminder saying please meet HR. I am using Microsoft Outlook. Actual work of the excel sheet is to send email reminders about pending RFQ.
So please can u help me with the same.
Thank you
Related:

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 10, 2010 at 07:58 AM
Have you seen this

Create outlook reminders with excel worksheet
http://ccm.net/...
yes I've seen that but that is not my requirement

I'll explain how it is

there is a excel sheet which contains n number of task i,e, it include date and subject. when I log into the system this excel should open automatically.

whatever task is in the excel sheet it interlinks to outlook and it should remind for the n number of task with priority

Thanking you
KumS
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 12, 2010 at 09:09 AM
Well to auto start the workbook, you can have a link to the file in the "startup" folder, so when when you log on, it is executed. To have macro auto executed you can add the routine Sub auto_open() that will get executed when the book is open

Not too sure about other part. I think you are saying that tasks are defined in the outlook and you just want excel as an executor of "reminder" or am I missing it?