Not reading cd

Closed
Blocked Profile - Sep 27, 2008 at 05:04 AM
 JJCelery - May 17, 2010 at 04:23 PM
Hey there,
Just bought a new dell studio 1535 yesterday. Put a dvd in the reader and everything was fine till I put a cd in the drive it started working fine and suddently stopped reading cd and ejected it at once and will do the same thing with every cd I put in there now. Can anyone tell me what should I do please?

6 responses

I have Studio 15 as well with the same drive .

I have resolved this issue by installing new firmware fro the optical drive:

https://www.firmwarehq.com/drive.php/TS-T633A/files.html?man=Samsung&drv=TS-T633A
I have used DW20 from 4th of August 2009. Can't remember what firmware the drive originally shipped with, but it was dated November 2008, so this was a major jump.

Please be aware that this is a last resort solution, perform firmware upgrades with care as the wrong firmware for your drive can damage it irreversibly. If your system is still under warranty, contact Dell support first.

Best Regards,
JJCelery
Im having the same problem that Nero cannot find the drive even though it is visible in the device manager with updated drivers etc. I tried deleting and reinstalling it, but still no luck.
i have a toshiba and sometimes it reads the disk and other times it doesn't..
Hi Friends,
The solution is
Download Nero Drive Speed
and set the drive speed to silent or minimum speed,
because new DVD drives run the cd at their MAX speed (52x) but if the cd was written in low speed then it mismatch and you see all the time drive was just making noice but did not open the contain of the CD.
sooty > Nitin
Mar 6, 2009 at 07:04 AM
Hey ive jus tryed downloading Nero drive but it keeps telling me no CD ROM drives found when i try to start it
Call Dell - looks like you got a bad drive

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I bought the same PC and got the same problem, it's not even 2 month old and dvd/cd rom drive doesn't read any more and just stopped working. Had Dell online support check it out with no success all they said was that the optical drive was working fine. Useless. It's under warranty and I'm getting a new one I know the drive is bad.
Falcon Tech Support
Aug 24, 2009 at 03:25 AM
Well if your cd/dvd rom still doesn't work, you must buy a new one.
The lens maybe damage due to over useage or too much burning.