Receving fake invitation to add in msn messen

Solved/Closed
sohail - Feb 23, 2010 at 05:12 PM
 Matthew - Dec 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Hello,

From last coupple of months i am reciving too many fake invitations from spammers to add them as a contact in msn messenger does any body knows how to get rid of them please .

Thanks.

???
Related:

5 responses

In Windows Live Options-->Communication preferences you can switch off these invitations from people that you don't know. I did it and now I don't receive those smap fake invitations anymore
This was not an answer, that is to get rid of a person who is emailing you. I have the same problem this person does, I get a ton of spam msn friend adds for messenger and I want to find a way to quit receiving all of them.... not emails, the friend requests to add....
Having the exact same problem, spam friend requests which I can't prevent. I've checked 44 of them JUST today and every single one has no info about the person who is apparently requesting me to add them. Clearly it's spam and needs to be stopped. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a junk mail filter like on my e-mail, so I could have a quick check to see if there was something important i.e. a genuine friend request. I don't want to block people AFTER I've received the spam, I want to block them before I even receive it. 44 windows opened today with requests, ridiculous!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Sep 23, 2010 at 04:53 PM
Hello TimKurata,
You may in front of a security problem. Is it possible for you, without revealing your email address to post the contents of two or three of the mails and url links if any. If you can also show the properties, it would be helful.
Regards
Johnathan K at MSN:

There is only one realistic solution to this, that has proven track record. Start a new protocol that requires something like captcha for a person to initiate an invite. I am sure you would get a lot of users migrating to the new protocol. The new messaging rules would require that no one using legacy protocols can connect without adopting new client upgrades that support the protocol. Microsoft could be the first, and other chat clients would have no choice but adapt.

Matthew Kruse
The spammers already have your email address, so this problem will persist forever. Change your msn account and try to be more careful with giving out your email address from now on. Use a throwaway email for accounts on nonessential websites and forums, don't reply to chain mail, and be wary of any suspicious phishing attempts.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Jean-François Pillou Posts 18707 Registration date Monday February 15, 1999 Status Webmaster Last seen February 16, 2023  
Feb 23, 2010 at 05:45 PM
Here is the way to get rid of spam on MSN :
https://ccm.net/faq/1863-blocking-spam-on-msn