Excel help needed

Closed
brendac - Oct 20, 2008 at 01:19 PM
aimster Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 20, 2008 - Oct 20, 2008 at 01:23 PM
Hello,

I have a couple of issue I hope you can help me with.
I need to create a spreadsheet that will be linked to another spreadsheet. Can it be complete seperate excel file?
Spreadsheet1 and spreadsheet2 lets call them. in Spreadsheet1 i need to get a row to become unvisable (or possibly transfer to a sepreate spreadsheet) after i entered a command in column "B" - If I put a N in the column then the row is to go away. If I put a "Y" in the same column then the row goes away (same as before) but ALSO the data in that entire row gets transfered to another spreadsheet (is it possible to have the information transfered to an entirely different spreadsheet...say on that is not of the same excel file?

thanks!
Related:

1 response

aimster Posts 2 Registration date Sunday October 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 20, 2008
Oct 20, 2008 at 01:23 PM
Yes you can do that.
I used that function to keep track of lease income for each lessee and then it automatically transferred to a 'totals' spreadsheet which was in a different file.

How I did it was simply to have each file open, then hit the equal button, minimize the destination file, and click on the cell in the source file that I wanted. Then I had a 'path' to follow for setting up other calculations.

I hope this helps.