Windows xp laptop won't boot

Closed
nsantora - Jun 27, 2010 at 05:55 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jun 27, 2010 at 08:26 PM
Hello,

My computer was fine at first and then it just shut down and when I tried to restart I get the Dell screen, and then a black screen with a blinking cursor on the top left hand corner. I tried unplugging the charger and removing the battery and holding down the power button because that used to work in the past, but it didn't this time. So I tried to do a reinstall of windows on my computer as well, but when it gets to the part where it restarts the computer to finish the setup, my computer goes right back to the black screen. It doesn't let me start in safe mode, when I hit f8 nothing happens. I can't lose all my files, I have all my wedding stuff on their with the guest list and addresses... I've looked on this site and plenty of others and haven't found anything. Someone please help!
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 27, 2010 at 08:26 PM
You can remove the hard drive, buy an USB external hard drive adapter and copy the data to another computer. Just be sure to get the correct adapter. (SATA or IDE) That will get your data back.

Good Luck