Nano 2nd gen white screen of death [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question MeDad3 4Posts Monday July 19, 2010Registration date April 28, 2013 Last seen - Last answered on May 16, 2017 at 01:15 PM by Ali
Hello,

I have a ipod nano 2nd generation. It has the white screen of death. I have read where pushing and holding certain buttons will reset it. But I am ignorant of the terms used for the buttons. What buttons do I push - MENU, >>|, >|, |<< or center? In what order? And for about how long?

MeDad3

See more 
Helpful
+9
plus moins
Hold the menu and centre button. It worked for me.
Hopeless- Jan 9, 2016 at 10:48 AM
Thank you so much I am a 54 year old technophobe with an ancient I pod which is now working!!!!
RHP- Mar 1, 2016 at 02:38 PM
Thank you so much - this just worked for me!!!!
ann- Jun 21, 2016 at 12:47 AM
Love the solution, My 3rd generaton iPod just showed the white screen, I pressed the menu and center button and it cam right back to life. Thanks!!
Ali- May 16, 2017 at 01:15 PM
Phew - thanks. I'm a zumba instructor and my heart was in my boots when it went blank! Menu and Centre brought it back
Helpful
+3
plus moins
Hi there,

Solution for the mentioned issue is on Faq ,follow this link:

http://ccm.net/faq/6919-ipod-white-screen-of-death

Thanks
Frankie- Apr 14, 2013 at 03:23 PM
Sorted me out thanks. Wedding playlists for 5 days time and really started to panic! Nice1!
Linchee- Apr 28, 2013 at 02:12 PM
notworking for me.
Annie- Sep 9, 2014 at 02:57 PM
I was having trouble too. I am charging my ipod right now because it was dead. My screen isn't really white it's like when you watch tv and it goes fuzzy. I will wait a while for it to charge and I will see if it works but my hopes aren't very high...
Annie- Sep 9, 2014 at 06:20 PM
Ok so after I let it charge, I tried it and I thought it worked until I tried turning it off to see if the white screen of death would come back, which it sadly did. I don't know what to do...
Helgeman 1Posts Monday November 17, 2014Registration date November 17, 2014 Last seen - Nov 17, 2014 at 01:56 PM
Annie, I think I'd take it to some Apple service ppl then, if you have the chance.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?