Registration date
Monday July 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 28, 2013
-
 Ali -
Hello,

I have a ipod nano 2nd generation. It has the white screen of death. I have read where pushing and holding certain buttons will reset it. But I am ignorant of the terms used for the buttons. What buttons do I push - MENU, >>|, >|, |<< or center? In what order? And for about how long?

MeDad3

2 replies

Hold the menu and centre button. It worked for me.
Thank you so much I am a 54 year old technophobe with an ancient I pod which is now working!!!!
Thank you so much - this just worked for me!!!!
Love the solution, My 3rd generaton iPod just showed the white screen, I pressed the menu and center button and it cam right back to life. Thanks!!
Phew - thanks. I'm a zumba instructor and my heart was in my boots when it went blank! Menu and Centre brought it back

Hi there,

Solution for the mentioned issue is on Faq ,follow this link:

https://ccm.net/faq/6919-ipod-white-screen-of-death

Thanks
Registration date
Monday July 19, 2010
Status
Last seen
April 28, 2013

I have seen the link. My problem is what are the buttons they are talking about? That was my question.
Hold Menu + SELECT (the select button is the big circular button the color of your casing just below the MENU and above PLAY/PAUSE >|| buttons) for 10s while it is off. If this doesn't solve your problem, then you can do a manual restore in iTunes. If that doesn't work, it may be another problem such as a dead battery.
i am so happy! I did it and it didnt work theni look back a few mins later and its fine. it work for ipod nano 2nd gen too
Sorted me out thanks. Wedding playlists for 5 days time and really started to panic! Nice1!
notworking for me.