IPod will not get pass the Apple logo

Solved/Closed
-
 Itsyoboi -
Ok so last night my ipod battery died and when I woke up it had the red battery saying to connect and charge so I did that..... And when I turned it on the apple logo appeared the screen then got a little brighter then it just went black I went to turn it on again and it just keeps repeating on then auto off.... I rilly need help my ipod is my life... thanks for any help.

3 replies

My ipod just did that then I plugged it into the computer to see if that would help..it didnt so with my ipod plugged into the computer I reset it (hold the off and home keys for 5-15 mins) then the plug into itunes thing poped up and it needed a update. That should help. The update will take 24 mins to download and after that itunes will restore your ipod... have fun.
Omg thank you, my ipod was broken for months I tried everything. And this actually worked!
excellent worked for me to cheers
Thanks for the help, had Ipod for a year and couldn't get it working just bought a new one for my son forchristmas Just to find out we fixed the old one thanks to your post!
thank you soo much I was scared to death my ipod was junk u saved me.
i mneat what did u mean you u had said hold the off and home key
Omg this post just helped me fix my ipod that has been broken for like months! thanks!:)
Hey guys you have it all wrong. When an iPod battery is fully drained the software prevents you from using it until their is a sufficient amount of battery charge. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes until you can turn it on. So don't worry nothing is wrong with your iPod

Hope this helps
But the problem with mine it froze two nights ago so I just left it to unfreeze because it does that whenever I use netflix. And the next morning I was going to get rid of netflix because if it was going to freeze my ipod why bother have it? and it came up with the battery thing saying it was completly dead. so I plugged it in to my wall and went to school....when I got home it still said it was dead but I noticed that the ipod logo will come on but then it would disapear and go back to the battery screen. it would do that like every 5 mins.....so here I am on the 3rd day and ITS STILL DOING THE SAME THING! My ipod is my life I constantly have it listening to music....Im very tempted to chuck it at the walll! I tried everyhting people have said to do and nothing works....Im worried if I go to apple they will charge me... and im 15 I dont have a lot of money....and I dont believe I have the warrenty because I had it for 2 years I think....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
ok what u do is u plug it in to your computer and hold the sleep and home button down until itunes pops up like u hold the sleep button on top and home button then after like 12 secounds u let go of the sleep button but not the home keep the home button pressed until itunes pops up:)
The SAME exact thing is happening to me right now, 3rd gen after 5 min of the red battery screen it goes to apple logo and about 15secs later itll die and about 3 seconds after that it will start over to the red battery screen. I'm about to try the iTunes thing, but I don't it'll work, I've looked around and I think it's "bricked".
I stand corrected it worked. Thank-you Alex:)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i connected it to my computer and turned it off immediately and pressed both buttons again and it worked! I love you all xD