Laptop screen goes black.

Closed
Lordpda - Aug 16, 2010 at 10:55 PM
 Johnson - Oct 10, 2010 at 01:05 AM
Hello, this started when I got a msg on msn with a link saying if that was me so I clicked the link and it asked me "run" or "save" then i clicked run and then by itself it started sending links to everyone on my msn so I quickly ran to the power button and holder it till it turned off. When I turned it back on it started loading but then before it gets to the login screen the screen stays kind of very dark blue almost black and it blinks like two or three times and then it just stay that color and I can't see my mouse or anything and yes I tried f8 and none of the options work it just stay black after it tries to load safe mode or anything. Also tried f10 and nothing happens and I'd I keep doing so the computer starts to beep very loudly with any button I clicked. Then I tried f2 but it says I need a password and I do not know it. I also do not have any of mg computer CDs so because I lost them so wiping is out of the question if anyone got any clues as to how to fix this please tell.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 16, 2010 at 11:32 PM
Dear Lordpda,

Please get through the following instructions for having the problem solved.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Thank you.
Sounds like you have gotten a virus. Run a virus program to find the location of the virus and either remove the virus (if the program will do it) or erase the file where the virus is located. I had a similar problem once and fixed my laptop this way.