Usb shut down pc and it won't boot up again

Closed
Aeteus Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 25, 2008 Status Member Last seen December 26, 2008 - Dec 26, 2008 at 04:29 PM
 val - Jun 9, 2010 at 04:34 PM
Hello,
I pluged in my dvd player via a usb cable and my pc shut down without notice. Now it won't boot up at all. It will turn on and all the fans run and I can hear the HDD start to run but no video or beeps. I think maybe the dvd player fried something. I've tried removing the ram, unplugging the usb cable from the mb but nothing works. The mb power led lights up so I'm thinking maybe the cpu is toast but I don't know how to check that and I don't want to buy a new one and find out that's not the problem. Any suggestions? I've also tried switching the hard drives but that did nothing.

Specs

Asus M2N-E MB
AMD Athlon 5200 CPU
4G DDR2 Ram
Nvidia 8600 GS video card

Thanks
Related:

3 responses

King_Kong Posts 89 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2010 16
May 22, 2009 at 03:35 PM
Wow. Is it a regular DVD player? I've never heard of hooking those up to a computer, but who knows. As for your problem, you've probably got a few blown capacitors and some other stuff on your motherboard most likely fried as well. Congratulations!
Unplug USB from MB
The last time that happen to me and I found out that my mother board was fried.