Ask a question Report

HP ProBook 4420s webcam [Solved]

Santosh - Latest answer on Jun 10, 2011 10:55AM
Hello,
Please help me as I am unable to install Web Cam of HP Pro Book 4420s laptop. Though I check the web cam driver has already installed still I am unable to find web cam. OS is Win 7 Ultimate
With thanks
Santosh
E-Mail ID is removed for your security
Read more 
Answer
+11
moins plus
Hi,

Press on start then type hp mediasmart webcam or simply webcam then double click to activate and start the webcam .If you need to download and reinstall the driver then you can have it for free download on its official manufacturer website,follow this link:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Thanks
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
it doesn't work! uninstalled, re-installed, got driver from HP, nothing. lists in dev man as HP 2MP, but nothing wants to use it, also doesn't show in printers and devices. ?
Ambucias 22633Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus August 30, 2015 Last seen - Jan 25, 2011 04:30PM
Have you followed Pcsces' advice: "Press on start then type hp mediasmart webcam or simply webcam then double click to activate and start the webcam"
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
uninstall the driver restart and reinstall will work for sure
if still dosent work driver is in appropriate search your product name then install drivers
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I have, yes. HP mediasmart webcam opens a search window that gets no result, and just 'webcam' open the 'Devices and Printers' window, which doesn't show it as a device. A coleague of mine has the 6530b, and his HP driver download page has a web cam app that works, mine doesn't. I don't want to have to install the facial recognition software just to use the webcam, as I had to do with the protectools app and the fingerprint sensor. mmMmm, I just noticed this is for 4420s, and mine is actually a 4520s. Am I in the right place then?
Kaptein SuperSkoot- Jan 26, 2011 03:03PM
OS is Win7 Ult x86. All other drivers installed, works sweet. Only the webcam now...
pcsces 3741Posts Thursday May 14, 2009Registration date September 13, 2012 Last seen - Jan 27, 2011 06:06AM
Well you seems to be lost on it my friend what ill suggest you its quite tough but at this stage needs to be done,make a backup of all your data and perform a system recovery by using the recovery cd or F11 function on boot.

Good luck
H.Ammar- Feb 15, 2011 04:52PM
hi every body...
i had the same stupid problem but i did found the answer ....
go to the device manager and uninstall the (arc soft) driver which mean complete uninstall,
NOTE: please make sure you don't remove the HP webcam [2MB Fixed] driver
then restart your notebook ..
that's all
hope this 'll help you ... good luck
saba- Jun 10, 2011 10:55AM
i did wat u told.. still not able to access webcam..
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
Hi guys, I haven't done anything on the machine since last post, because I have another little problem - the screen is cracked (I got it like that, in fact it's the reason I got it...), so I don't use it often (sleeps in a bag beneath my desk).
As to H.Ammar's suggestion, I don't have anything in Device Manager or Programs and Features with the name Arcsoft. So I don't know what to remove.
I may be re-installing with Win7 Ult x64 anyway, coz I want to add buckets full of RAM.
Will see how it goes then...
Thanx for all the input!
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I've just run the HP Instant Support Professional Edition from HP's site, so I'll see what the pros atr HP have to say...
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hello,
Thanks for reply. But I do not find any web cam by typing webcam or hp mediamaster webcam
Thanks even the driver is ok.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
hi i have hp probook 4520s . when i login in my skype my built in web cam not working. please help
Add comment
This document entitled « HP ProBook 4420s webcam » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.