Can you take the same row of data from different sheets and paste them in differ

Closed
Ali - Mar 31, 2011 at 02:07 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Apr 1, 2011 at 09:37 AM
Hello,
I have 12 sheets. I want to take the data (same row on each sheet) and paste that data into a new sheet but each row from the sheet will be in their own row so I can do a chart of the data. Can you help please?

Related:

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Mar 31, 2011 at 04:06 PM
I must be missing some thing here. If the number of sheets and name of sheets are always same and you always copy same row from each sheet, then all you have to do is start macro recorder. copy and paste rows and stop the recorder. that will give you the macro.
Here's another way of putting it. All 12 sheets have data (eg a sheet per month) and each sheet has 20 departments. So for eg. Jan sheet has ER dept in row 3 and row 3 for all other sheet is the ER dept.. I want to take all the data from each row 3 (ER) from all 12 sheets and put the data in a "new" sheet but listed in rows. eg..
row 1, Jan ER data,
row 2, Feb ER data
row 3 Mar ER data etc.
I have to do this for all 20 depts. Is there a macro that can do that once, have it work for all 20 depts, instead me taking each row from each sheet for each dept manually?
Here's another way of putting it. All 12 sheets have data (eg a sheet per month) and each sheet has 20 departments. So for eg. Jan sheet has ER dept in row 3 and row 3 for all other sheet is the ER dept.. I want to take all the data from each row 3 (ER) from all 12 sheets and put the data in a "new" sheet but listed in rows. eg..
row 1, Jan ER data,
row 2, Feb ER data
row 3 Mar ER data etc.
I have to do this for all 20 depts. Is there a macro that can do that once, have it work for all 20 depts, instead me taking each row from each sheet for each dept manually?
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Apr 1, 2011 at 08:53 AM
First answer to your question, is there a macro there. I am sure there is or one that is very close to what you want. But it will take more time to find it then to create your own

i think the suggestion that i gave still hold.
1. Start the macro recorder
2. clear the combine sheet
3. From sheet 1, copy the first row.
4. paste it to your combine
5. repeat #3 and #4 for all other sheet
6. stop the macro recorder

At this point you have copied one department. At the same time you have a macro template that can be modified to do all what you want. What what is needed is to make it more generic so that it loops thru each row on sheet1, it repeats steps 3, 4 and 5
Thank you, rizvisa1...I will give that a try.
Apr 1, 2011 at 09:37 AM
Good luck, if you get stuck, paste your code.