Spreadsheet data

Solved/Closed
ankharm Posts 6 Registration date Sunday April 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 16, 2013 - Apr 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Apr 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Hi everybody.

I am trying to develop a large data input spreadsheet which will have circa 20 operators data input on a daily basis. (approx 150 enties for each operator)

I am looking at if I should have one sheet for all input which will then be copied to individual ops for analysis. Or if it is more efficient to input each operator & have a macro copy all data to the master sheet?
Also please advise how I tell the macro to find next empty cell when pasting ongoing data?

When finished it will be for use by a work colleague who needs it to be 'simple stupid'

Regards

Ankharm

9 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Apr 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Hi Ankharm,

Let me see if I understand you the right way.

Situation 1:
You want 1 big sheet where a column is used to input operator name. Copy rows of data to the correct sheet (operator name = sheet name).

Situation 2:
Each operator uses his own sheet (operator name = sheet name). Copy rows of data from each sheet and paste it to a single (big) sheet.

Both situations can be realized. So pick one.

Then provide some sample data containing:
2 or 3 "Operator" sheets with some data.
The "big" sheet with some data.

Use a filesharing site (www.speedyshare.com) to upload your file and post back the download link.

Pasting to the next empty cell is mostly done in this way:
Range("A"&rows.count).end(xlup).offset(1,0)

Best regards,
Trowa