Excel autofilter stops filtering

Solved/Closed
Lucy - Updated on Jan 29, 2019 at 05:25 AM
 thankful - Jun 11, 2019 at 02:53 PM
Hello,

I am working with Excel 2003 professional and just yesterday after entering a bunch of records to my file, which has about 19,000 rows, I discovered that my auto-filter just stopped filtering completely.

When I clicked the arrow, there is no value in the dropdown list. There are just All, Custom, and Top 10. But even these options, when I tried to click on them, do not work either.

I have removed and re-applied the filter, but the problem remained as same. I did google and try the manual calculation mode. That did not work for me.

Even I tried to copy a dozen of records to a new worksheet and applied the auto-filter, but it showed nothing.

Please help me guys, I cannot survive without my auto-filter.

Thanks a million!
System Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.14
Related:

23 responses

Hey,

The following also solves the problem:

Instead of selecting the Row that you want to apply the autofilter on, select all the columns (A, B, C ...) and then apply the autofilter.

We've been solving this problem for many of our customers and so far it has always worked.

Thanks!
This is a profi advice. Thanx a million..
Thanks!! "GOTO" just said that the text was not a valid reference, or, if I selected all first, made all the cells appear blank but didn't resolve the issue. This worked for me. Really appreciate it!