Startup issues.

Closed
kiookia - May 28, 2011 at 05:22 PM
 kiookia - May 28, 2011 at 05:39 PM
Hello, I recently began having problems with starting up my laptop. When I start up my laptop, I get to the windows loading screen with the blue bar moving back and forth. It will stay that way for good if I leave it. So I restart my computer in Safe Mode, and attempt to do a system restore, but "System Restore is disabled in safe mode. Enter normal mode to turn it on" or something to that regard. I obviously cant do that.
I have tried various things, but since nothing has either helped or hindered my situation, I am open to anything and everything that you think could help.

A little info on my laptop though.
It's a tiny toshiba thing, with no CD drive, and I have no CD drive attachments or discs for it at the moment, so using a windows repair disc is impossible.

Anyone who can help would be much appreciated. I am currently going through the event viewer to find some data on what happened. I will reply any findings that may be relevant. Thanks in advance.

1 response

The first events that occurred around the time of the crash are as follows

Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: A connection to the server could not be established

seems kinda unrelated, but heres a few more...

"The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{E53B5268-5E68-41DD-95CF-DC51D1209429} was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0023087A8265. The following error occurred:
The operation was cancelled by the user. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.