No sound coming from my computer

Closed
Alma - Aug 7, 2011 at 09:06 PM
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 - Aug 9, 2011 at 05:49 AM
Hello, Hello, I am running windows xp service sp3 on my desktop computer with windows 10, but i am not getting any sound. What drivers do I need and where to download free drivers from to solve this problem? Thank you in advance
Alma

Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM
Alma, let us know your computer brand name and complete model number.

Click on the below link and download the file.
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Extract it --> double-click on CPUZ ---> then click on "Mainboard" tab and let me know the Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge and I'll give you a link for downloading your audio driver.

Good Luck
Anonymous User
Aug 8, 2011 at 12:27 AM
Hi Sundar,

AM very curious to know how you do for knowing Alma motherbord brand name and give a link?

Can you tell me more please?
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 7
Aug 9, 2011 at 05:49 AM
First try to get the driver from the manufacturer website....for your mother board....and then perform the task mentioned below

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.? If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Expand the Sound, video and game controllers category. If a sound card is listed, you have one installed. If no sound card is listed, You will need to install one. See Install or remove a sound card.