How to recover data from external hard drive

Solved/Closed
K.D. - Aug 17, 2011 at 01:10 PM
AZDesertGal Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 1, 2014 - Dec 1, 2014 at 03:48 PM
Hello,

I am not able to read the data from my External HD Hard Drive. I have very IMP data in it and also not don't want to format my Hard Drive.

Whenever I am attaching hard drive to system it shows a error "Format your Hard Drive"
Request you to please provide any suitable solution because I don't want to format my Hard Drive.

And I am using Windows 7 64 Bit.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,
K.D.

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 17, 2011 at 09:55 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Check the "File System". If the "File System" is RAW, then may be partition got

damaged or corrupted.

If you want to recover the data from it then follow the below instructions

Click on the below link and download the application

http://www.powerdatarecovery.com/download/pdr6free.exe

After launching the application, check the check box "I am a home user, please

launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition" and then click on "Launch

Power Data Free Edition" button.

Select the option "Damaged Partition Recovery" and follow the instructions. It

will try to recover the data from the damaged partition.

Good Luck
hello jack 4 all! I just want to thank you for suggesting me this solution to my problems. I have an external drive that totally damaged so I installed the minitool recovery. It helps me a lot. More power to you my friend!
AZDesertGal Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 1, 2014
Dec 1, 2014 at 03:48 PM
I am confused. I select damaged partition recovery and am completely lost at what to do next. There is nothing listed there that even looks like my external WD drive. I don't have a clue on what to do to recover my files on my external drive. It has completely failed and I need to recover all the info in order to send it back to WD for a replacement.