Western Digital 3.5 NTFS -Windows

Closed
roselle - Aug 24, 2011 at 08:36 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 24, 2011 at 08:56 PM
Hello,

I have a western digital (200 GB) internal hard drive and used it as an external hard drive using an enclosure. I used this in windows operating system and it worked good. I connected to MAC and I saw the file at first and then I connected again to Windows now I can't see the file except that on the disk management and device manager. Could you please help me find a way or software to recover my data?I have been in computer repair shops and they would like to charge me $200-300. Please is there any free software or cheaper way to solve my problem? Thank you very much and God bless!

Roselle

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 24, 2011 at 08:56 PM
As you found the Mac OS does not read NTFS formatted hard disks. You didn't tell us if you let the Mac reformat the disk. If so, then when you connected it to the Windows PC it could not read the disk. What you can do is to partition the hard dive an have about 50 GB formatted in FAT32 which both OS can read.

Google EASEUS they have a free data recovery program which might be able to recover your partitions/data and make the dive usable.

Good Luck