My WD 1 TB Mac Passport isn't recognized...

Closed
Gabriel - Dec 28, 2011 at 12:20 AM
 Anonymous User - Dec 28, 2011 at 03:55 AM
Hey,

I bought a 1TB WD External Hard Drive and I have been using it perfectly for a couple of months now. I dropped the hard drive twice (I'm a very clumsy person)... the first time it kept working fine, it was readable on every computer and everything. The second time however, I didn't have the same luck. Whenever I plug the drive to any Mac computer it starts running, I can feel the spinning move it does when it's running and it turns on the light (One different thing about the light is that instead of flashing how it usually did when I plugged it, it stays still.) But it feels as if the drive is still running, now matter to what computer I plug it. The problem is however, that it's not being read (or recognized) on any computer... what I mean by this is that I plug it in, it does its whole spinning thing to indicate its running, it turns on the light but it doesn't appear on the desktop, or any other part of the computer.

I've surfed the internet to find a solution but have found none, and i'm really trying hard to find a solution that will make it work again without having to format the info as I have VERY important info stored in it, ranging from important school work, to my old laptop's back up as a whole. (And I don't have this backed up anywhere else- I know, this is stupid of me...)

So if any of you can help, it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance and I hope I can find a solution! :(
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 28, 2011 at 03:55 AM
Greetings,

As you said it, you're not lucky this time and am terribly sorry to tell you that your external drive is broken and I don't think retreive your data is possible but you should give it to a computer shop to see if they can retreive some of you datas, we never know!

Good Luck!